January 2021 Covid19 Lockdown Restrictions Update
Following the Prime Minister’s address to the public last night we have summarised the January 2021 Covid19 lockdown restrictions in England below. These rules are effective immediately.
The general message is the same as previous lockdown messages “Stay home, protect the NHS and save lives”.
Leaving our home
You are not allowed to leave your home (or be outside of it) except in the following circumstances:
- Shopping for basic necessities for your own needs or those of a vulnerable person
- Going to work or providing charitable or voluntary services, if such activities cannot be reasonably carried out at home
- Exercising with members of your household, (support bubble) or one other person – only once per day. The guidance is that you should not leave your local area to exercise
- Meeting with your support or childcare bubble, provided you are legally allowed to form a bubble, and only if necessary
- Seeking medical assistance, avoiding injury, illness or any risk of harm such as domestic abuse
- Attending educational or childcare facilities providing you are eligible to do so. Primary, Secondary schools and colleges will only be open for vulnerable children and those of critical workers. All other children will learn remotely up until the half term in February 2021. Higher education will remain online until mid-February with the exception of critical worker courses.
- If you leave your home for any of the above reasons, you must stay local to the area in which you reside. However, you can leave your locality for legitimate reasons such as for work.
- If you are clinically vulnerable you should only leave your home to attend medical appointments, exercise or if it is absolutely necessary. You shouldn’t go to work.
The full guidance on what you can and cannot do can be accessed on the government’s website by clicking here. For people living outside of England click on Scotland, Wales or Northern Ireland to check on the specific, applicable legislation.
Generally the rule is to stay at home unless it is essential that you go out. There is naturally a debate to be had about what you may consider to be essential and what the government does.
Lie Detector Test UK
As happened with previous lockdowns our polygraph examiners will conduct more home tests than office tests for the current one. Some of our offices are closed due to these latest January 2021 Covid19 lockdown restrictions but several remain open. If you need a controlled office lie detector test please call our free helpline on 0800 368 8277 to check availability.
We fully understand the mental health implications associated with lockdown restrictions coupled with personal issues that arise from dishonesty or domestic abuse. Currently the safest method for you to take a test is in the comfort of your own home. Our polygraph examiners carry high quality PPE and our equipment is sterilised before and after use. If you are the victim of domestic abuse you are able to legally leave your home.
Naturally the fewer times you leave your home, the less likely you are to contract the virus or spread it to others.
If you have any concerns regarding what can or cannot be done in relation to our polygraph services please call us. Our Customer Care Team will be happy to advise you.